What’s the current state of the game, and any changes or suggestions from the fans still matter? Matt “Gstaff” Grandstaff takes the stand:
A lot of the developers spend their free time reading the forums. Some, like Emil, have accounts and post when they have time. There are other members of the team that don’t necessarily have accounts, but I know many of them still read up on what you have to say.
As Todd mentioned in a recent podcast interview with OXM, the game is finished. Most of the work now is testing and polishing. Still, if I see an interesting trend (or just a great idea), I continue to let the developers know what you guys are thinking. I guess you never know what could happen.
My guess is that it’s too late for that, we’ll see.
Ausir sends news that Polish gaming magazine Play has a FO3 preview. Here’s some quick notes taken from the article:
* Same pics as in other magazines lately
* Summary of the BoS article
* Super mutants kidnap local people and found a way to turn them into mutants
* You’ll be able to issue commands to Dogmeat, e.g. tell him to bring you some items like ammo
* The main statistic of weapons will be DPS or Damage Per Second. E.g. a shotgun has 20-40 DPS
* There will be addictions and diseases
* The world will have no invisible walls or other artificial barriers, instead of using the main entrance, you’ll be able to climb over a wall or use another alternative way in
* The developers are considering making the player able to complete the game without killing anyone, using only dialogues, sneaking and hacking
* Conclusion: Despite the complaints of orthodox fans, hey’re convinced that Fallout 3 is the future of RPG and will be great, but they’re worried that while having awesome gameplay and atmosphere, the game will lack black humor
After these images were posted 117.308 people visited this blog. Wow.
Games For Windows is no more. All the best for Jeff Green and the crew in their new endeavor and all the luck for the artists that were laid off.
Word in the street is that the embargo on pics and info about Fallout 3 is almost over, a lot of stuff will show up online soon.
Interplay teases about their new site coming really soon. Ok then.
Both my computers were infected, I lost gigs of data. Some things I’ve been able to recover, others seem to be lost forever. My e-mail contacts seem to be in this last category, so if you know me send a mail so I can create a new list, please.