Here are the rules:
- The Fallout 10th Anniversary Contest presented by Bethesda Softworks LLC (the “Contest”) begins at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on October 1, 2007 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on October 31, 2007 (“Contest Period”).
- Eligibility. Contest is offered to individuals who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry and have Internet access. Employees, producers and directors of Bethesda Softworks LLC (the “Sponsor”), ZeniMax Media Inc., their respective affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members (spouse, mother, father, sister, brother, ward, daughter or son) or members of the households of such employees or directors or family members (whether or not related) are not eligible to enter or win a prize. By entering, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects.
- To Enter:
- All submissions must be submitted via the official Contest page and received during the Contest Period, and must be in English. Entries must be submitted in jpg, gif, or png format only. Maximum size: 90 kb. Maximum dimensions: 100 pixels x 100 pixels. Submit your entry using the official entry form found upon acceptance of these Official Rules (see bottom of page) . No other method of entry will be accepted.
- Your entry may not include copyrighted or trademarked materials, including but not limited to logos, artwork and images, other than that which has been permitted for use by the Sponsor. The use of copyrighted or trademarked material NOT owned by Sponsor or yourself is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Your entry may not include inappropriate language or sexually explicit content.
- Entries received after 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on October 31, 2007 will be deemed ineligible for participation in the Contest. Any attempt at entry except as above stated shall be void.
- Judging. The winning submission will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winner will be notified via e-mail or telephone and announced on the Fallout website. Entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and any and all decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects.
- Grand Prize: PC Grand Prize:
Your choice of an ATI or NVIDIA video card
Logitech G15 keyboard
Logitech G9 mouse
Logitech G51 Gaming Speakers
Vault Boy bobblehead
Vault Tec lunchbox
Fallout 3 t-shirt
Vault Boy decal OR Console Grand Prize:
Xbox 360 Pro
Logitech G51 Gaming Speakers
Vault Boy bobblehead
Vault Tec lunchbox
Fallout 3 t-shirt
Vault Boy decalIn addition, the winning entry will be included in Fallout 3 and the winner will receive in-game credit.
- Grand Prize Winner. The selected potential winner will be notified by email or telephone within ten (10) business days of the close of the Contest Period. The potential winner will have three (3) days from the moment such notification is issued to respond to such notification by following the instructions provided therein. The winner must sign, complete and return, in the form provided by Sponsor, an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Release of Liability and Assignment of Intellectual Property, and (except where prohibited) a Publicity Release before receiving any prize. Prizes are not exchangeable, transferable, or redeemable for cash. If the winner cannot be contacted at the e-mail address he/she submitted, or is contacted and does not respond by signing and returning to us for our receipt the aforementioned documents within the time indicated on such documents, or refuses or is ineligible to accept the prize, he/she will be disqualified, the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner may be selected, at Sponsor’s discretion. In the event of noncompliance with either these rules or any of these time periods, an alternate winner may be selected at Sponsor’s discretion. Sponsor has the right to revise dates and procedures mentioned in these rules.
- General Conditions. In consideration of your being allowed the chance to enter the Contest, (a) you agree to all of the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, (b) you warrant that your entry is your own original work and that it does not violate any rights of any third party (including, without limitation, any patent, copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right, or any privacy, publicity or publishing rights of any third party, or is libelous, obscene or otherwise contrary to law), (c) you assign and agree to assign to Sponsor all rights, title and interest, including, without limitation, copyright, in and to your entry, (d) you agree that Sponsor may post your name and hometown on Sponsor’s website and in any and all publicity and advertising for Sponsor, this Contest or other promotions by Sponsor without any further attribution, notification or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law, (e) you agree to be contacted by Sponsor or its agents by telephone, mail or e-mail, and (f) you agree to sign the documentation referred to in Section 6 above. Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. By participating in this Contest, you agree that Sponsor may post your entry on the Fallout website or Bethesda Softworks websites at anytime during or after the Contest. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may edit and modify any submission before posting. Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates and subsidiaries and all of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns are not in any way responsible or liable for damages, loss or injury resulting from participation in this Contest or acceptance, loss or use of any prizes awarded in this Contest. You further agree that in any cause of action, Sponsor’s liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall Sponsor be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved under the laws of the State of Maryland, without respect to any conflict of law issues, and you agree that such shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the U.S. Federal and State Courts of Montgomery County, Maryland, U.S.A. You assume sole liability for injuries, including personal injuries and/or damage to property or prize, caused or claimed to be caused by participating in this Contest or the acceptance, loss, shipment, or use of any prize awarded. Sponsor is not responsible for any failure to contact entrants, whether due to technical or human error. All of Sponsor’s decisions regarding the application and interpretation of the Official Rules are final.This Contest is governed by U.S. law and is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void in Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories and possessions, overseas military installations and wherever prohibited by law. Taxes on prizes (including, without limitation, income or withholding taxes), if any, are the sole responsibility of the individual winner.
- Sponsor assumes no responsibility for illegible, lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete entries, system errors and failures, faulty transmissions, or other telecommunications malfunctions. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate or suspend the Contest should any unauthorized intervention or other cause beyond the control of the Sponsor affect the administration or conduct of the Contest.
- WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE RELATED TO THIS PROMOTION, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST, OR KNOWINGLY DAMAGE OR CAUSE INTERRUPTION OF THE CONTEST AND/OR PREVENT OTHERS FROM UTILIZING THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify entrants who violate the rules or interfere with this Contest in any manner. If an entrant is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate that entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Contest. Any attempts by an individual to access any web site associated with this competition via a bot script or other brute force attack or any other unauthorized means will result in the IP address and all entries from that IP address becoming ineligible. Use of automated entry devices or programs is prohibited.
Follow this and you can join the contest here.